Friday, June 19, 2009


Well, it's 37 weeks and 1 day. I think I've been pretty good, on the whole - reasonably healthy and happy throughout the pregnancy, with minimal emotional outbursts. But now I think I'm justified in complaining!

I can't do anything without getting short of breath and/or dizzy. I really mean anything. The bending down involved in putting clean dishes away does for me. Common sense prevents me climbing on a chair to change a lightbulb. Going shopping is right out of the question. Home delivery for the win!
I'm always tired. I've been awake for about 13 hours, done almost nothing, and I want to sleep again very soon. I look a bit freaky most of the time with massive dark circles under my eyes.
I feel ill the instant I lie down every evening. Most nights I end up vomiting - it's kind of odd, I really just feel like I've got gas, but I can't seem to burp properly without puking. Oh well, at least I feel better in the stomach afterwards.
I really just want to have this little girl, to see her and hold her and love her and mostly not to be carting her around in my belly 24/7 anymore! How women have been doing this for so long is beyond me; surely there's a more efficient way?!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pregnancy is pretty amazing, really. It's incredible the kind of things that your body has to do to build a whole new person.

Stace said...

You are not wrong, it's quite fascinating. Lots of hard work going on in there; no wonder I'm tired. hehe

Hilary said...

I remember feeling like I'd be pregnant forever, and just kind of mentally resigning myself to it. It won't be too much longer. Take care of yourself, get the rest you need and before you know it, she'll be snuffling at the breast. :)

Cazzie!!! said...

You need lots of huggs..not long to go now, I just know how it is. Soon soon you will get to hold Elspeth :)