Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I've always thought of myself as the kind of person that interesting or amusing things don't really happen to. My life has been mediocre and average in most respects. I grew up in a country town, went to a country school, was hopelessly misunderstood and picked on. I dropped out of TAFE, I had a few mediocre relationships with mediocre people, I had some pretty damn mediocre jobs. The notable exception is my engagement to a fucking fantastic guy - that is, Aidan. Most of my anecdotes either centre around Aidan, or are only amusing to Australia Post staff. For instance: "Today I spoke to a guy who expected his mail redirection to work!"

This entry hasn't got a point, nor has it got a resolution. It's just rambles and incoherent thoughts. Never mind.

I sent Brad an SMS this morning: "Did mum tell you Aidan and I are engaged?" He called me not long after, the first I've heard from him since before the engagement. Mum had told him, but he hadn't called. Somewhat typical. I think he's a bit weirded out: "You're younger than me!" like he was meant to be first or something. But he did congratulate me. I have a bit of an odd relationship with my brother. I don't know him very well, and rarely have anything to say to him. I suppose it works both ways.

Again, no point. Mutterings.

No comments: