Saturday, December 09, 2006

It seems like half the country is up in flames right now. Bushfires are the norm in Australia at this time of year, but this year's fires are among the worst. The bushfire season started extremely early, I recall hearing about fires back in October. Our on-going drought only exacerbates the scenario. You know it's bad when experts aren't mentioning controlling or putting out fires; they're going direct to the evacuation plans.

We woke up this morning to find the whole city covered in smoke, we can even smell it inside the house. (Unless Aidan burnt his toast.) Here is the latest news, and that's really only Victorian.

In other news... I have no other news. I have to find something to do, since I'm not due back at work until the 15th. I can't sit around the house being bored.

Oh, we finally got our car!!! Aidan's parents bought us a car roughly a year ago, and we got it a couple of days ago. Now we have to figure out what to do with it... we've been without a car for so long we got used to it and I really think we'd rather not have one at all! Oh well...

No comments: