Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Geez, what a day. I had this awful woman calling in this afternoon... Originally she'd called to complain about poor service at a particular post office. This was probably her third or fourth call to us. She wanted to speak to Waylon specifically, but it was 5.10 when she called and Waylon finishes at 5pm. She didn't like that at all - I'd had to put her on hold for a while to find out about Waylon or see if any other supervisor type person was available, and when I got back to her she claimed that she'd only missed Waylon because I'd had her on hold for so long. I was like, "You called at ten past five, ten minutes too late to catch him", and she insisted that she'd called before 5pm. There are many words I could use to describe this lady, and here they are:
    Unintelligent
    Stubborn
    Emotional
    Vocal

You get the picture, I'm sure. I couldn't get a word in edgeways. I started off trying to be apologetic and nice, as usual, but I ended up having to get very firm with her. At one point she demanded that I page Waylon at home and have him call her immediately - how stupid is this woman? As if somebody's going to go out of their way, unpaid, to call her and be abused and berated for half an hour. It was at this time that she said she knew my name and was going to take action against me, and hung up.

No comments: