Monday, December 01, 2003

I was thinking earlier about how little I really know people. I can get along incredibly well with a person, and consider them a great friend, but when it comes to who they really are and what made them how they are today, I'm clueless. I think it's party because people who ask too many questions annoy me - if I want someone to know something, I volunteer the information. I guess I expect everyone else to be like that too, and I don't ask a lot of questions. I pick up bits and pieces as I go - "Went to visit mum" means the parents are separated, for instance. So I have best friends who, in truth, I barely know. I know I can say anything to them, but it seems that honour is not returned and I am left in the dark. Ah well. They know I'm here if they want to talk. They don't want to? Not my concern.

No comments: