Sunday, December 28, 2003

I have today been pondering the Mysteries of Life as I see them.

I shall start with the Sandwich Phenomona. When I was a young girl, my mother would pack lunches for my brother and I to take to school. Each of our lunches contained one sandwich, and that was just the right amount to eat. However on the weekend, mum would make us toasted sandwiches, and she'd make each of us two sandwiches. This also was just the right amount to eat. Mysterious!

Next Mystery: Which came first, the chicken or the egg? It is an age old question to which there is no readily available answer. I began considering it in an evolutionary sense - presumably we all started as slime, so an animate creature had to evolve from that and be the first to lay eggs. So I guess the metaphorical chicken came first.

Mystery Three: Why do I dislike some people for no reason at all? There are certain people who have no particularly nasty qualities, who are generally very pleasant and kind people... but for some reason I just cannot like spending time with them. Time spent with them is invariably awkward, and begins and ends with me thinking "When is this person leaving???" Even though there is nothing tangibly wrong with this person. This is a Mystery to which I have not found an answer. I suppose that's why it's still a Mystery.

Fourth Mystery: Why do I have such bloody ugly knees?

No comments: