Thursday, January 13, 2005

Do I lead a happy and fulfilling life?

Difficult question. My life is so clearly divided into Work and Everything Else that it's hard to know which part the term "my life" should apply to.

My Life at Work is dull, repetetive, unimaginitive, lacking in stimulation. My Life's Everything Else is a different matter. There's Aidan and The Love. There's free time to do what I want: wanders around the back streets of Hawthorn, reading, listening to music, singing. I have stimulation, interests, and time flies during Everything Else. Time at Work drags.

I spend one third of each day at Work. One third, approximately, I spend asleep. That only leaves one more third for Everything Else, and even that isn't a complete third... given the travelling time to and from work, and getting ready for work in the morning, I'd say Everything Else is from about 6-11pm each evening.

I'd have to say that in general, I do not lead a happy and fulfilling life. I spend five hours out of every 24 doing exactly whatever I please, and for the rest I am a slave to my body's demands for sleep and a slave to Australia Post's demands for my efforts.

No comments: