Saturday, January 08, 2005

I was looking through a couple of issues of Ralph magazine today. Just because I'm bored at Aidan's place and he's asleep. I made an effort to imagine that those girls would feel like girls - textured skin, squishy breasts, kissable lips. But all I could think of was wax. Hard, cold, smooth, and completely sexless. Make-up, airbrush, glossy magazine pages, and a complete lack of humanity.

It's no wonder so many young girls have low self confidence. They've been convinced that they're meant to look like a Ralph girl instead of a human. When Aidan calls me beautiful, now I know what he means... I look real. I'm not expected to look airbrushed. Pimples are ok, eczema is acceptable, and my pierced nose getting red and irritated from blowing my nose or nasal sprays for hayfever... just fine.

No comments: