Friday, January 21, 2005

untitled

Curse lack of time! Let me start at the start...

The Weekend
Adventures to Shepparton, Euroa, and Longwood East! Re-tracing the steps of my childhood. It felt very odd, to say the least. I haven't been to Longwood East in several years, since before my parents sold the property, and it was very much a trip back in time. Nobody was there, the current owners I believe are in Paris. It's easy to find out where they are, as the husband was a senator and is still in the public eye somewhat. So I wasn't worried about trespassing - anyway, the place is more mine than theirs! My blood and tears have been shed on that place, my childhood resides there still. Wide open spaces, views comparable to nothing this stinking city has to offer, and memories (yes, lighting the corners of my mind...)

Then we got home and I died my hair orange. Not on purpose. It was an attempt at getting back to blonde (you may recall I died my naturally light hair black). So I took Monday off work and spent two hours (and $110) at the hairdresser getting it back to something slightly less horrific. So now I'm blonde again, it feels odd. We made Aidan blonde the other day too, at least his did just go blonde and not orange or anything more awful!

Work this week has been slightly less tedious - although it's probably more me than work that's different. I have some newfound optimism, or rather I'm looking forward to the future and trying to ignore the present! Another thousand dollars or so and I'll be able to book all my airfares. I'm wondering if it might be easiest to go to London first on a return fare, and go to Cairo and back from there. The cost ends up about the same as a round trip Melbourne-Cairo-London-Melbourne. I think. We'll see.

No comments: