Friday, June 17, 2005

buzzzzzz


Everybody around me is talking. It's a call centre, I suppose that is to be
expected.

Aidan has his first two exams today. I am confident on his behalf, given his
own lack of confidence! Also he had a job interview yesterday and they want
him to come in again next week! Exciting! Except I think he's changed his
mind and doesn't want to work there. Every three seconds he wants a
different job, and is equally enthusiastic about all of them. So we'll see
what happens.

I'm at work, I'm bored. I don't want to be at work. Every morning, the
prospect of coming in to work and doing the same as what I did yesterday
seems so tedious. I am dismayed to find myself caring, getting involved - in
customer's problems, in Post politics, and so forth. Instead of being
apathetic at our broken down printer/fax/photocopier, I am distressed by it.
Somehow this has become more than "just a job", and it scares me. I don't
want to come back here when we're back from overseas.

No comments: