Sunday, July 24, 2005

As of today, Aidan and I have been together for exactly one year. There have, of course, been ups and downs, but on the whole it's been incredible.

How can I even begin to describe the last twelve months? It's been a blur of romance, intensity, and happiness, with the occasional minor irritation or misunderstanding thrown in. On those occasions, we assume the Fighting Position - holding each other as tightly as possible, crying on each other's shoulders.

I have grown up so much in the last year, and changed for the better. I've wanted so badly to become a better person, to deserve Aidan. I think perhaps I'm getting there, albeit slowly. We have both been through a lot in life, and although the scars are not physical, I think we have begun to heal each other's souls.

Aidan, I want to thank you for... everything. Being there for me, letting me be there for you, understanding, loving, and accepting. I love you with all my heart and soul, and will always do so.

No comments: