Monday, June 09, 2008

63 Random Questions I Stole From "A Bit Of Fluff"

1. The phone rings; who do you want it to be? Nobody really. I don't like phones too much. If it has to be somebody, it can be Aidan. If it's the home phone, I know it's my mother-in-law, because she's the only person who has that number.


2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? I generally use a basket. Last time I used a trolley, I left it in a place I knew the trolley pick-up guys visited regularly.


3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? Neither. I'm not very sociable as a general rule, but when I am with friends (ie, those I like and trust very much), I'm both.


4. Do you take compliments well? I'm getting better... but no.


5. Do you play Sudoku? Nah, I'm more of a words person than a number person. I do cryptic crosswords.


6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive? I really doubt it, not for any length of time. I know enough to stay in one place. I'd probably be ok if I had my mobile phone, and if it had reception.


7. Do you like to ride horses? I used to, quite a lot. I haven't ridden in about ten years though.


8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid? Yeah, every year my school had camps. The best was to Central Australia – lots of hiking and climbing and stuff.


9. What was your favorite game as a kid? I was a solitary child in the bush, I played make-believe all by myself! I played every part in every story I could think of!


10. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you go for it? No way.


11. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you? Love should transcend religious beliefs. But I couldn't tolerate somebody trying to change my mind. (Intelligent debate is great, "I'm right because my bible says so" is not.)


12. Do any songs make you cry? Sometimes... it depends when I hear it.


13. Are you continuing your education? Sadly, no. There are a lot of things I want to know more about, there is so much to know and I know so little of it. I hope to study again at some point, when I figure out which topic I want to know about the most!


14. Do you know how to shoot a gun? No, but I could probably figure it out if I really had to.


15. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed? I don't really have that many possessions that I value overly much. Probably just my mobile phone, so I could let everybody know my house burnt down.


16. How often do you read books? Very often, I love reading. Although I often have trouble deciding what to read, or re-read, so I might just save myself the trouble and not read instead.


17. Do you think more about the past, present or future? Probably the present. I have a terrible memory, and I have trouble putting faith in any imaginings of the future.


18. What is your favorite children's book? The Phantom Tollbooth, by Norton Juster. Full of puns and plays on words, which I love!


19. What color are your eyes? Blue-grey. More grey when I wear my contact lenses.


20. How tall are you? I dunno, about 165cm I guess.


21. Where is your dream house located? I don't have a dream house, or a location for one. There are too many wonderful places in the world to choose one, and far too many that I haven't been to yet.


22. Do you have a secret fetish? If I did, would I tell?! But I don't.


23. Have you tried sushi? Yes, it's quite nice, but not a favourite.


24. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth? Yes. Once. Wouldn't bother again.


25. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? Is this some American thing? I don't know what Olive Garden is.


26. When was the last time you were at Church? I have never been to a church service. I went to a wedding in a church once, about 5 years ago.


27. Where was the furthest place you traveled today? Into the city and back, about a
14km round trip. On foot.


28. What was your favorite job? I'm not sure... all my jobs have been menial. Probably my current one or the one immediately before it; both office admin jobs.


29. Do you like mustard? Yuck yuck yuck!


30. Do you prefer to sleep or eat? I tend to eat out of boredom. But I guess I actually prefer sleep. Or rather, being in bed. Often with a book.


31. Do you look like your mom or dad? I looked a LOT like my mum when I was younger. Now I think I'm more of a hybrid, kind of both but neither. I have my dad's forehead.


32. How long does it take you in the shower. Depends how keen I am to get out and go to work!


33. Can you do splits? Nope. No way. Never have.


34. What movie do you want to see right now? The new Indiana Jones, and/or Prince Caspian.


35. If you could fast forward your life, would you? No, I think I'd miss all the good bits. I wouldn't even want to miss the bad bits; after all, how do you know what's good if you've got nothing bad to compare it to?


36. What did you do for New Year's? I don't remember. That's not because I got drunk; I'm almost certain I didn't. I probably blogged it, so just find that entry!


37. Do you think The Grudge was scary? The what? If that's a movie, I haven't seen it.


38. Could you relate to a character in Mean Girls? Thankfully, no. They were all equally horrid. Although I suppose the main character sort of slightly redeemed herself at the end.


39. Do you own a camera phone? Yes, it comes in handy sometimes. Every now and then I see something that nobody would believe if I didn't have photographic evidence!


40. Do you have an "ex box" with pics and letters from past lovers? No. I do have a box full of “memories”, which may or may not contain some “ex-related” stuff, but I certainly don't keep things specifically because they're ex-related.


41. Was your mom a cheerleader? Ha. Ha. Ha. No. She did sort of attempt to become a model at one point in her youth.


42. What's the last letter of your middle name? E.


43. Do you like your middle name? I guess it's ok. It's a derivative of my mum's first name. I don't really use or think about my middle name very much. (Although I do tease Aidan sometimes because he forgets how to spell it!)


44. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? It varies insanely. Just depends what I'm doing before and after sleep, as to how long I stay up and what time I wake up.


45. Do you like care bears? I barely remember them.


46. What do you buy at the movies? Popcorn! I often don't get a drink because then I'll need to pee halfway through the movie, but if I do it'll be a small soft-drink.


47. Do you know how to play poker? No. I quite like watching people play, and laughing at how serious they are.


48. Do you wear your seat belt? Only in the car. My scooter has no seatbelt.


49. What do you wear to sleep? Jim-jams that look rather like a clown costume.


50. Anything big ever happen in your hometown? Bushfires are regular... also the yearly “Wool Week” - wool is the main industry in the area, so there's a festival for it, although I think that's dying out now.


51. How many meals do you eat a day? Depends how hungry I am.


52. Is your tongue pierced? No, I would never get my tongue pierced. Just thinking of the risks of facial paralysis and loss of taste... no way.


53. Do you like funny or serious people better? Probably funny people. Serious people sometimes make me nervous, but funny people are easy – I just laugh!


54. Ever been to L.A.? Nope, I don't really want to either. Maybe just for a day.


55. Did you eat a cookie today? No... but I did eat fast food for the first time in AGES.


56. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads? Depends... if I'm at home, and think of a song I want, I'll download it. But if I'm in a music store and see a CD I want, I'll buy it.


57. Do you hate chocolate? I hate liking it!


58. What do you and your parents fight about the most? I've only ever seen my parents fight once, and although the memory sticks out like a sore thumb, it's the aftermath I remember and not the cause. (Don't worry, everything worked out ok and they celebrate their 38th wedding anniversary tomorrow.)


59. Are you a gullible person? I don't think so... but if I was, I might not know.


60. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy? Nah. I mean, being married is fantastic and I wouldn't NOT be married for anything. But I was happy when I was single too.


61. If you could have any job what would it be? How can I get paid a lot to do very little?


62. Are you easy to get along with? I'm not sure... I often struggle with small-talk, so strangers may find me difficult or odd. To my friends/intimates, though, I think I'm good. I hope so anyway!


63. What is your favourite time of day? Nighttime. I've always preferred staying up so late I go to bed when others wake up!

3 comments:

Romeo Morningwood said...

Wow! That's a lot of information..it's a dream come true for data miners...to which I say go ahead knock yourself out, I ain't buyin'.

I laughed when you mentioned that Aidan forgets how to spell your middle name...he's such a stickler for spelling.

Good for you for sharing...I must have a pretty good idea of who you are because nothing surprised me.

WithinWithout said...

Loved this! I really thought a lot of your answers were dead-on what I expected...

Rosemary Riveter said...

I like reading random tidbits about people too, this meme is particularly good for it as well. LA is pretty cool to visit if you have someone to show you around, nice pedestrian friendly areas with cafes and the odd movie or TV actor wandering by (I saw the guy from "monk" last time). I certainly don't want to live there though, too sprawley.