Saturday, January 25, 2003

I opened up the bloggy editor with something in my head to write. I knew what I wanted to say, and I knew how I was going to say it. And now... I've forgotten. It's like walking into the kitchen knowing you were going to get something or do something... but what???
Now about twenty minutes has gone past, I've read a couple of webpages and a bit of a book, so any chance that original thought had of returning is now void.

I now find myself wondering if my blog is at all interesting to anybody other than myself. Of course it's virtually impossible to say, because not a single unbiased person has read it. Critisisms of other blogs of which I have read reviews include inflexible or simply poor designs, writing centering on news stories, broken links, and poor spelling and grammar. As far as I can tell, this blog has none of those issues. But that doesn't necessarily make it interesting. One hopes that some sort of personality comes through in my writing... Although I think that's an area that needs work - I tend to write in a bit of a formal mode at times, which doesn't reveal the facts that I'm a huge Terry Pratchett fan, that I carried a towel around for an entire day two weeks after Douglas Adams died (it was blue and fluffy), and that I own every BlackAdder episode ever made on DVD.

Anyway, I'm going to go and sweat now. I'm doing an awful lot of it, it must be important, so I figure I should devote some time to it exclusively.

*wave*

No comments: