Tuesday, September 30, 2003

I had a rather unpleasant dream last night about being shot and possibly killed. I remember running and hiding, it was in the bush on my parents' old property. I was running towards the house, I had some notion that I would be safe there - I remember thinking something about a bulletproof room. I reached the garden near the house, and was running for the door. The gunman wasn't far behind me. I looked over my shoulder and he was so close, and the gun seemed so large from that distance. He fired, and it was like in The Matrix, the bullet seemed to be moving slowly. I twisted my body and felt a kind of thud as the bullet lodged in the right side of my back. Somehow I kept running, I made it into the house and was searching frantically for a room I'd be safe in. I got to the other end of the house, not having found safety, and I turned to run back the other way - only to find the gunman standing in my path, grinning, with the gun a couple of inches from my head. He said, "It's time for us to say goodbye to each other." There was a bang - I don't know if he shot me, or if police had arrived and shot him. I woke up at that point, my pulse was racing and I was covered in sweat.

No comments: