Tuesday, September 28, 2004

I woke up with some really interesting and weird thoughts flying around my head this morning. As a human, I am blessed with many things. I have five physical senses, with which I perceive the world and receive sensations. I have this amazing organ called the brain with which I process this information and form impressions. I have the ability to reason and think, I have logic at my command. It's as though I have a reason to be alive, and that reason is just to experience. I feel very strongly that I am not living life to the fullest - I have been sucked in to the "9-to-5" mentality. I wake up, go to work, come home, go to sleep. Every day is the same, and I am not experiencing new things. Only one aspect of my life is exciting right now, of course that's Aidan. But the time I don't spend with him, and my work life... dull. I feel like my life is being wasted. It's creeping away, minute by minute, and I'm not doing anything with it. Time can go so quickly, before I know it I'm going to be old and dying and all I would ever have done is work at Australia Post. That is a little scary.

No comments: