Saturday, December 29, 2007

All the news that's new and approved! Actually just a very quick update. Aidan has been home for a good little while now, and I've gotten used to tripping over his boots again. Christmas was, happily, spent at home with no guests. My parents were unable to come down for a visit due to my mother's unfortunate back injury, however she's recovering now and they should be down next weekend. Boxing Day was spent at a family/friend/gathering place thingie, that was a lot of fun. We then spent a very lovely night at a golf club/resort courtesy of Aidan's parents as a Christmas gift. We now have a nice big powerful new computer, too. Don't ask me specs, I haven't paid much attention to the world of IT for a good few years now so it no longer makes sense to me! It's stinking hot and I'm sweating like a pig - however a few days before Christmas we had thunderstorms and torrential rain. Typical Melbourne. Anyway, now we're going to do something. I want to make a few cocktails (since I finally got a Boston Cocktail Shaker for Christmas) and get squiffy, but we'll see about that.

4 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

Well, it sounds like a wonderful time really. Especially as you are both together..I know the feeling of tripping over boots and all that from when Hubby was in the Army and would be away for many weeks at a time. The things we go crook about are the things we miss when they are away.
I hope you have a pleasant New Years too :)

Cazzie!!! said...

Sorry, I just wanted to add... I hope your mum's back is in good repair soon.

Romeo Morningwood said...

Ta-DA!
Fill us in when you sober up...and give Aidan a big 'MANLY' hug.

WithinWithout said...

But where are the pix of you getting squiffy?