Monday, December 31, 2007

Firstly, happy new year to everybody! Reading your blogs over the last year has been wonderful, I feel like I've been included in so many lives by doing so, and I hope we all continue to influence each other (for the good, mainly) for at least another year.

Now...We had torrential rain in the few days before Christmas, with hailstones as big as half-bricks and flash-floods just about everywhere. Fortunately we have a drain in the driveway area, but even with that cleared we still had a couple of inches of water on the concrete for a while. That was fun! (I had to walk home from the train station in that rain, a good 15 minute exposure!)


This was our Christmas lunch. Lovely and simple - black pepper salmon, and baked wedges with sour cream and sweet chili sauce. It is, perhaps, not quite traditional... but that's a good reason to do it, don't you think? If something's been done the same way for hundreds of years, it's about time for a change!

And this was Boxing Day lunch at Aidan's cousin's house. Kim is fixated on feeding people, there is always far too much food, but it is always extraordinarily nice and tremendous fun to go there. They're wonderful people, they're really adopted me into their family and I just love them to bits. It is probably quite nasty to say that I wish my own family were more like them, but it's a little bit true!

I'll do another post soon-ish about the days following Christmas... the resort, the new computer, the shopping trip... this will do for now :)

6 comments:

WithinWithout said...

That looks like a gorgeous Christmas lunch you and Aidan had, Stace, looks scrumptious...

And your words about Aidan's cousin are heartwarming. All the best for the year ahead!

Cazzie!!! said...

Can I please come to your place next Chrissy? I love love love salmon, mmmm, yumm, no time like now to change tradition right :)
I am so glad you enjoyed your Christmas and Boxing Day :)

Romeo Morningwood said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Anonymous said...

Ah rain - good for the soul. I think. Maybe I'm thinking of something else....

Now I'm hungry...

Keshi said...

Happy New Year to Stace and Aidan!

Keshi.

Jewel said...

The food looks wonderful, Stace! Happy New Year to you and Aidan! ((HUGS))