Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm complaining about last night.

Little Ellie has been sleeping right through the night 99% of the time since she was four months old. But last night was just the pits. She woke up at 2.15am, for no real reason that I could find. I think she does have a tooth on the way, but at that point she didn't actually seem to be in pain. She simply would not re-settle for over two hours; it was past 4.30 by the time she and I both got back to sleep. And then, of course, I had to get up at 7am as usual to feed her and all that morning stuff. It's now just past midday: Ellie has been fed twice and bathed and had a nap (I also had a nap), while I'm still in my pyjamas and haven't showered, and I've only eaten a couple of slices of tinned peach. I have a splitting headache and I keep feeling dizzy, and I know I should probably eat more and maybe even leave the house, but all I want to do is go back to sleep. I'm hanging out for Ellie's next nap (maybe another half hour or an hour...) and then I think I'll nap again. And THEN, by which time it will be about 2pm, I will start my day. :P

5 comments:

Menchie said...

Hey Stace! You are so lucky that Ellie started sleeping through the night at four months. Lucia didn't do it until about 9 months. Up to now she's such a restless sleeper but at least she sleeps through most of the time. I can imagine how tired you are.

Cazzie!!! said...

I so remember those days. Napping when she does is the only way you can get out of this feeling. And, of course, you nboth getting out in the clean air will help you both sleep better ") Huggs

Andrew said...

Sorry.

Stace said...

It's not your fault, Andrew!!!

Frank Baron said...

Ain't parenting grand? :)