Saturday, May 24, 2003

A website is like a rolling stone. No, that's not right. A rolling stone gathers no moss. Websites, on the other hand, often gather unexpected numbers of readers. For instance, Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About, which has a mailing list and a big number on the hit-counter. Pyscho Ex-Girlfriend also has many devout followers, and for good reason. What I want to know is, where do they get all these regular readers from? What grabs a person's interest and makes them come back for more every single day?. Whatever it is, I want it! I'd love to actually have readers. Do I need to relate more stories of personal humiliation? Perhaps a Blog style isn't the way to go after all? Or must my site have an annoying blue background like both above-mentioned popular sites?

Maybe I'm just a particularly boring person.

No comments: