Monday, October 25, 2004

Several days worth of posting to catch up on!!! Oh the frantic-ness of it all. Ok, I'm kidding. But this will be a long one...

Friday
Work was painful and dull and painfully dull. Nobody was helpful, including colleagues.

After work, however... Aidan's Surprise came into fruition. (I love that word, although I've probably used it wrongly.) I opened my door to find a beautiful long-stemmed rose and a map. I followed it to find My Sweet waiting for me outside on the street. He dragged me to the train station and hauled me onto a Flinders Street train... and about half an hour later he was unpacking his bag which unexpectedly contained a picnic! The banks of the Yarra River on a lovely Spring evening with My Sweet and ham rolls. Perfect!

Weekend
The rest of the weekend passed in a hazy patchwork of intense emotion and wonderful relaxed happiness. I spent Sunday at Aidan's place while he studied (although I think he spent a fair amount of time studying me) and stuff. For reasons unknown to most, I was thinking about entropy for quite a lot of the time.

I went into a bookshop on Saturday and, as usual, spent too much money. I bought the Discworld Almanak, and the Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy on DVD. I saw the One Planet book South Yarra Steve mentioned in his blog, it was cute although I didn't have much time to flip through properly.

Today
Work was tolerable. I heard from Liny, an SMS saying we should catch up. I suggested tomorrow but she didn't reply. Aidan is at home studying tonight, which means two things. First, I am lonely and sad. Secondly, however, I will get a good night's sleep! It only goes to show that there are pros and cons to every thing. Or, as I like to put it: Every silver lining has a cloud!

No comments: