Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Need to get out more

We went to see an accordionist last night! I assume that’s the right word for one who plays the accordion. The support acts were unfortunate at best, but the headliner was so cool! It was like this little novelty/cult thing, just a crowd of people who kinda went “Hey, an accordionist, weird, I’ll go along!” Mostly people who’d seen him at the Dresden Dolls the previous night. Anyway, that was surprisingly lots of fun, and we had yet another late night. That’s three in a row now, and I’m feeling young again because I’m only slightly tired!

The taxi driver on the way home was studying something related to religion, I forget because I was tired and out of it at the time. Anyway, he and Aidan had a good old gasbag about stuff. It was quite funny, the taxi driver kept glancing over at me on the back seat as if waiting for me to join the religious debate, but I just stared out the window.

We have reached an informal decision that we need to go out to more things like that last night. We’re becoming old homebodies at the age of 23, it ain’t good. Even just pub bands or novel little gigs, anything to get us out there in the world!

3 comments:

WithinWithout said...

So you and Aidan are buds or mates then, Stace? And thanks for visiting my blog...

lee said...

Ya can't beat the old accordian. Hey, I left a comment down there somewhere just this minute - a congratulatory type one. haha.

Stace said...

Thank you both for your congratulations! Very sweet :-)