Monday, February 26, 2007

Here I sit in silence. I am not alone, but I am lonely. The man beside me is so far removed as to be in another world. Yes, I speak of my New Boss. I have tried for three weeks to find something likeable, personable, something in common. But I have nothing to say to him. This corner of the office used to be a bubbling hot-pot of dirty jokes, innuendo, and light-hearted complaining. Now it's a silent corner. We sit almost with our backs to each other. I rarely even speak to him about a work-related matter. I prefer to email him. That's probably weird.
 
But all is not negative. It's a lovely day out there, and I'm starting to wake up with five cups of tea in me. I have my new cacti (whom I have christened Arnie & Danny - the Twins!) looking nice on my desk. I have a photo of Aidan smiling at me from the wall. I have lots more teabags. These are all good things!

No comments: