Thursday, February 01, 2007

I'm thinking of becoming a baker. Not yet. After we get back from Russia. I should probably mention that Aidan and I have promised ourselves we'll get to Russia by July 2008. Either way, I do not want to be working in this company forever. I don't want to be the mum who says "Sorry kids, I can't afford to buy you treats because my pay is well below average", or "Sorry kids, I don't have time to be with you because I work such long hours". Working 3 till 10 in the morning or so sounds pretty sweet to me. I only keep "normal" hours out of necessity, I'd be a night person if I could! I couldn't take the kids to school, but I could pick them up and play with them in the evenings! Imagine that - having free time in the evenings. Did you know that I get home at 7.15pm every night? Aidan has dinner ready for me most nights, which is wonderful. By then, I'm generally too tired to do anything much. Imagine spare time! Wow.
 
This post sounds very negative. But it's not. It's positive! It's me seeing that I have a problem, and making plans to resolve it. I'm looking forward to having a family, and spending time with it! Of course, it's years away still... but an exciting prospect!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baker: Knead the Dough huh (need the dough).... YOull get something eventually.

Menchie said...

My hubby and I get home between 8-8:30pm. Lucky we don't have to prepare dinner but bedtime rituals with the kids can still be draining. There must be an easier way to make a living...

Stace said...

You poor thing, Menchie! That's very late.

An ex-colleague of mine once told me she needed a low-stress, high-paying job. I told her to become a prostitute, because all she'd have to do is lie on her back.

I wish it were that simple!!!

lee said...

stace -isn't aidan a good fella to make the dinner for you ? :). My ex-husband wouldn't nake himself a sandwich even if he was starving.

lee said...

"make", even :).