Tuesday, June 10, 2003

I have decided that the 70s was the funkiest decade ever. Honestly. I have. The 70s produced Daddy Cool's Eagle Rock, Amii Stewart's Knock On Wood, and Wild Cherry's Play That Funky Music. The 70s was responsible for The Jackson Five's Blame It On The Boogie and Jo Jo Zep & The Falcons' Hit And Run. How can any decade beat that? And I won't forget the number one reason for the 70s being utterly funky: David Essex's Rock On. What has any decade ever done that can beat any or all of the above? Sure, The Beatles were huge, they had some great songs. But that was simple, basic rock. Which has it's good points. (Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Beatles fan.) But nothing can compare to Santana's Black Magic Woman or Earth Wind & Fire's Boogie Wonderland. (Older readers: is this a trip down memory lane, or what? You'd never believe I'm only 20!)

Oh, someone showed me this shirt today, love it! I gotta get me one of them - if I could afford it!

I got a letter today from Emergency Services Victoria, I didn't get the job. I didn't think I would. No biggie!

No comments: