Sunday, June 08, 2003

I think I may have figured out why my blog is a little on the uninteresting side. It's because there's nothing wrong with me! I mean, like anybody, I'm a little bit crazy, I get mad, I get sad, but ultimately I'm a normal person. I have all my limbs, I can hear fine, my eyesight is slightly below average, my boyfriend isn't in the army/at war, both my parents are alive and well. No major drama besides my frantic job-hunt, and that hardly makes me special or interesting.
    Female - nothing that interesting there, 50% of the population are the same.

    Jobless - again, no shortage of people in the same situation.

    Cat-owner - something for me to blabber about, but not something everyone's interested in.

    Living with partner - OK, perhaps not every 20 year old girl has lived away from her parents for three years. But still, nothing that exciting.

    Boring - duh.

There you have it, my main components listed in a simple and easily understandable manner, and there is nothing there to grab the attention or make you say "Wow!".

Dave stumbled across this article from Melbourne's The Age this morning, which interested me as a blogger. Apparently Google is giving us a search engine of our own! Google already segregates categories of website, such as news articles, and now it seems blogs are soon to get their own little section of Google too.

Despite many attempts to "submit" this page to Google, I've never managed to find it in a Google search - perhaps their recent attention to blogs (including their acquisition of Pyra Labs, the company behind Blogger) will change this!

No comments: